Wednesday 15 July 2015

A little OTT? Perhaps not ...


I have noticed that Hull University's graduation days have become something of an annual bean feast, with town criers and chamber music and so on. All those well dressed ladies in high heels that obviously were hurting like hell. What could they do this year to top the last? Well an over sized CCT screen showing the ceremony from City Hall live in Queen Vic Square was not the most obvious answer but here it is nevertheless. Next year a fly pass by the RAF perhaps? I suppose if you are going to put yourself in debt for twenty five years buying a degree (sorry that's paying for tuition, what was I thinking?) then a little celebration is in order. Good luck to all those newly qualified clever so and sos. I really don't envy you, well not much.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry British students incur as much debt as Americans do. Education ought to be free, otherwise the only people educated enough to run our countries will be the rich.

    Oh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not quite so over the top, graduation ceremonies here, but I can see it going that way.

    ReplyDelete