Saturday 26 April 2014

Have a nice day, Mr Turner


It may not come as a surprise to you to learn that there is little love lost between myself and the political powers that be in this area. A few weeks back a local MP, Karl Turner, blocked me on Twitter but not before calling me "meaningless"! Another local MP also blocked me after a mildly sarcastic comment about a box of chocolates and a long stemmed rose, they are such sensitive souls these politicos. Poor Mr Turner recently had to admit to misusing a Parliamentary email address on his Labour Party advertising, no great sin, I know, but hardly professional. And I might yet add to his woes: is that the House of Commons trademark portcullis sign I see adorning the offices of the East Hull Labour Party on Holderness Road? To quote Parliament's web site: "The principal emblem of the House is the Crowned Portcullis. It is a royal badge and its use by the House has been formally authorised by licence granted by Her Majesty the Queen. The designs and symbols of the House should not be used for purposes to which such authentication is inappropriate, or where there is a risk that their use might wrongly be regarded, or represented, as having the authority of the House." Oh dear, I do hope the House of Commons doesn't see this, well I won't tell if you don't.

4 comments:

  1. Na then ye winging flibbertygibbet - crittysizzm of moi ist verboten! Regs allow all of us what is MPty's to use t'portcullis on us notepaper and consistency HQ signage. If yore sow friggin cleaver why'nt yo get erected for parlymeat like what I did!... I am right honourable what are you? Nit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost had me fooled there YP! You've got his mix of arrogance and ignorance down to a tee.

      Delete
  2. Interesting to see that Karl's office is sandwiched between "Pizzalicious" and a pet and fishing bait shop. I bet their businesses have been booming since he set up shop there. He should also have some chalkboards showing special offers. "Book an appointment with Karl, get one free" - that kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You all are funny. I don't know British politics, but it would be great if Karl has a sense of humor, too.

    ReplyDelete