Sunday 29 June 2014

That big old "Thank You, Hull" party


They seemed to be packing a whole year's worth of 'culture' into one afternoon in Hull yesterday. The day started with the Lord mayor's parade complete with a fly past of some WW2 planes which I saw from two miles away while getting my newspapers, those three planes made one hell of a racket, no stealth bombers back then.


I wouldn't normally attend things like this but I had to go into town for stuff anyway so I had a little look-see. I only stayed for an hour and missed most of the goodies on offer including a "Larkin Toads performance" (I bet that was fun). Here in no particular order are some of the goings-on that I witnessed. 

Synchronised Lindy Hopping!

Where's the next act gone?



A robot that prints on the pavement






If you're wondering what the "thank you" is for it's a  City of Culture thing and if you're still wondering what a City of Culture thing is I suggest lying down in a cool dark room with soothing music. If these images aren't sufficient the local rag has more pictures here.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! It looks like everybody was having a super time at City of Culture Thank You party. And so many costumes! May I assume you were wearing your Victor Meldrew costume?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite an eclectic set of pics. I really like that old car.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To assume is to presume; as some clever clogs once said.

    ReplyDelete