Saturday 26 November 2016

What, will the line stretch out to the crack of doom?


Here's a familiar sight on a Friday evening on Beverley Road, traffic tailing back to the town centre and not moving much faster than a horse and cart did two centuries ago. But this is bliss compared to the predicted Carmageddon to come on Monday and Tuesday when a section of Ferensway is to be completely closed to allow the completion of some road improvement. A three mile diversion (!) has been put in place involving crossing the river twice. Now even at the best of times those river crossings are bottlenecks and with all the extra traffic it's going to be so much fun. The official advice is to take a bus instead of your car but being stuck on a bus in giant gridlock wont improve things much. My advice: stay in bed.

The weekend in black and white is here.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, the joys of rush-hour traffic! Your advice for the Carmageddon seems good ;)
    Love the lighting in your photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm posting a link so you can see why I don't feel sorry for you. I hope this works: https://twitter.com/GMA/status/801403400470433792

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it's nuts. I don't drive on that freeway, and I avoid all freeways when I can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We get it in the downtown core every day on the transitway. You could walk faster than the buses.

    ReplyDelete